Thanks for checking out my blog! My name is Veronica Wong and you can find out why I started this blog here.
I studied Chemical Engineering at the University of Waterloo, and somewhere along the way (largely thanks to my involvement in the Warriors Strength and Conditioning Club), I discovered my passion for all things related to health, movement, nutrition, etc. I completed my Master of Science in Physiotherapy at McMaster University in 2015 and am now working as a Registered Physiotherapist in a private practice. Ultimately, I want to help improve the quality of life of people in pain by helping them better understand pain and by providing self-management support. In order to do so, these are some general principles I would like to stick with:
- never sacrifice quality for quantity
- listen to and understand the person
- understand that everyone is different
- critically think about why I do what I do
- be evidence-based (but not just understanding if something works, but also why)
- be open to new/different ideas and willing to change my mind